Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited was established in 2000 to provide housing to the economically weaker sections (EWS) in Karnataka. It plays an essential role in implementing central and state housing schemes. The beneficiaries who want to build their own homes can get proper help and support from the RGRHCL Scheme.
What does Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited do?
The main responsibility of Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited includes the allotment of houses to the deprived sections of the society in the state of Karnataka. It will create a list of the eligible beneficiaries the local gram sabha has sanctioned. It will also help people through centres like ‘Nirmithi Kendras’, which are responsible for constructing modern houses with cost-effective technologies.
The objectives of the RGRHCL schemes are the following –
- The most important objective of the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited schemes is to provide affordable housing for the economically weaker sections in Karnataka.
- The scheme also intends to use cost-effective procedures for constructing houses.
- The scheme will also ensure that there is full transparency in every deal that is related to housing and that the process is carried out smoothly in an effective manner.
What are the different schemes of Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited?
Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited provides a number of housing schemes for the benefit of the deprived sections in Karnataka. Here are a few of the key schemes that were launched by RGRHCL schemes –
- Basava Vasati Yojana – In this scheme, affordable housing options are provided to the homeless who are living in the rural areas. The beneficiary’s income should be lower than INR 32,000 yearly and they should not own a home anywhere in the country. Under this scheme, the beneficiary can get up to eighty-five percent of the raw material for the construction of the house.
- Devraj URS Housing Scheme – This scheme is especially for the applicants of special category, which will include physically disabled, leprosy cured, HIV-affected, nomads, sanitation workers, people who have been affected by riots, free bonded labourers as well as widows and transgenders, etc. The beneficiaries are selected by the District Committee. The beneficiaries will be provided raw materials for the house construction.
- Dr BR Ambedkar Nivas Yojana – This scheme aims at providing affordable housing options to the homeless who belong to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes (SC/ST) categories. Under the scheme, the government will provide Rs 1.75 lakhs as a subsidy for the construction of the houses. However, to avail of the scheme, it is important that the beneficiary meets the income eligibility that has been proposed by the authority. This scheme will be implemented in both urban as well as rural areas.
- Ashraya Yojana – This scheme was launched in 2002 with the goal of identifying and rehabilitating deprived and poor families. In this scheme, the gram panchayats will be developing distinct micro-projects for each of the households. The RGRHCL schemes will be combined with other gram panchayats projects that are created on an annual basis.
What is the eligibility for the RGRHCL scheme?
This RGRHCL scheme has the following eligibility criteria that have to be met to avail of the scheme-
- The scheme applicant has to be either a woman, an ex-soldier, a physically challenged person, a senior citizen, a widow, or a widower.
- The applicant or his/her family should not have an annual income of more than INR 32,000.
- The applicant should not own a house in any part of the state.
- The applicant and his/her family can, however, live in a hut or a kachcha house.
- Even people living in houses that are destroyed in natural calamities, riots, etc. will be eligible for availing of the scheme.
- The people who own plots or sites under their holding are also eligible for the scheme.
- The applicant should not avail of the benefits of a different housing scheme.
The important documents that are needed for applying to the RGRHCL schemes are the following – the proof of identity, proof of address and income as well an Aadhar card. The applicants will also need to provide passport size photographs in order to complete the process of documentation. The documents are inspected by the authorities to see if they are genuine or not and to finally establish if the applicant is eligible for the RGRHCL scheme.
The application process for the RGRHCL Schemes
The application procedure for the schemes that are launched under the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited is effortless. The applicants have to log in to the official website of RGRCHL and follow all the instructions that have been provided. The steps have been mentioned on the RGRHCL portal to enable the applicants to apply for the schemes easily.
Checking the beneficiary status of RGRHCL schemes
The beneficiaries of the RGRHCL schemes are selected by the area’s MLA or Gram Panchayat officer. These are the steps to check the beneficiary status:
- Login to the RGRCHL website and click on the Beneficiary Information tab.
- Choose the district and enter the reference number and click the submit button
- You will be able to see the beneficiary status of the RGRHCL schemes.
To provide affordable residential properties for all Indians, the Central and the different State Governments of the country have introduced various housing schemes. Although different names know them, they all have the same goal of providing affordable housing to all citizens. Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited or RGRHCL, was launched in 2000 to provide affordable housing to the residents of Karnataka who belong to the economically weaker section of the society. This authority will also create a list of beneficiaries. But the list has to be approved by the lcanocal gram sabhas.